- Historical Site
This French-inspired Victorian mansion once belonged to Leland Stanford, founder of Stanford University, and now serves as the main reception center for leaders from around the globe.
In 1900, Jane Stanford turned over the estate to the Catholic Diocese to become a home for orphans. It was used as such for many years until a 22 million dollar renovation restored the home to its original splendor in 1987. Visitors will find vintage crystal chandeliers, gilded mirrors, and all sorts of dainty details within the mansion's 19,000 square feet.
Make sure to stop by the visitor center and museum store for interactive exhibits, an orientation film, and of course, souvenirs.
Daily tours at the hour, beginning at 10 with the final tour at 4.
The Leland Stanford Mansion is open for tours only.