- Mojave Desert, near Barstow
- Miles and miles of riding
- 3 hours+
- Year-round - summer not recommended.
DescriptionStoddard Valley is an intense, steep rolling kind of off road area, and you'll climb desert mountains and plunge into equally desert valleys. This is the Mojave Desert of the Joshua tree and the scruff of grass poking up out of the sand. Bring plenty of water, look out for wildlife, and avoid old mineshafts and you're due for hours of exciting exploration. The elevation changes can be extreme - Stoddard Peak stands at an elevation of 5,000 feet and Turtle Valley stretches far lower at 2,800 feet.
This is an area, rather than a trail, and length of ride varies mostly by how long you'd like to.
- From I-15
- Take Outlet Center Drive Exit (Sidewinder Road)
- Or . . . take Hodge Road Exit
- From Barstow
- Take California Highway 247 for ten miles south
- Turn on Stoddard Wells Road