San Francisco, CA 94103
- City Park-Neighborhood
Hours + Fees
The following uses are not allowed:
- Public intoxication (drugs or alcoholic
- Camping/camping items or overnight sleeping
- Solicitation (including panhandling)
- Riding bicycles or similar vehicles
- Skate boarding, roller skating or roller scootering
- Team sports, kite-flying, frisbee-throwing or tree climbing
- Pets or animals (except certified services or companion animals)
- Any wheeled conveyances (except strollers and wheelchairs)
- Entering, bathing, washing or picking coins in the fountains
- Picking flowers or picking cans and bottles from trash bins
- Making loud noises or engaging in other disruptive behaviors
- Posting signs
Map + Directions
From the East Bay: Take Interstate 80 and exit at Fremont Street. Take an immediate left from Fremont onto Howard Street and get into the right lane. Go two blocks and turn right on Third Street - the Gardens will be on your left immediately across Third Street from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
From the Peninsula: Take Highway 101 until it connects to Interstate 80 and exit at Fourth Street; Fourth immediately leads onto Bryant Street. Take a left from Bryant onto Third Street - the Gardens will be on your left between Howard and Mission Streets and immediately across Third Street from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
From the North Bay: Take Highway 101 to Lombard Street. Follow Lombard to Van Ness Avenue and turn right; follow Van Ness until you reach Golden Gate Avenue and turn left. Follow Golden Gate as it crosses Market Street onto Sixth Street. Turn left from Sixth Street onto Folsom Street and follow Folsom up to Third Street; turn left onto Third - the Gardens will be on your left between Howard and Mission Streets and immediately across Third Street from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Parking is available at a number of nearby garages or on the street. Or avoid the hassle by taking BART/MUNI. Yerba Buena Gardens is a short walk from the Powell and Montgomery Street stations.